A Blogger's Insight:
AT Implementation in College
How to get access to assistive technologies in college:
Once you’re in college, the Americans with Disabilities Act take over the responsibilities of provided students with accommodations to ensure that they receive an equal opportunity.
1. By law students must self-identify as having a disability in order to receive accommodations.
2. Students must present documentation of their disability.
3. Every college has different requirements, so ask them lots of questions and start gathering this information as soon as you can (Some require additional paperwork from a doctor).
4. Requested accommodations must be “reasonable.”
5. A university is not required to provide academic adjustments or additional aids and services under specific circumstates.
Rabinovitz, R. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ncld.org/adults-learning-disabilities/post-high-