Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WELCOME

A Blogger's Insight:

About ME!

My name is April and I am creating my first blog EVER.  Throughout this blog, I am going to be posting information regarding Assisted Technology (AT) and how to incorporate it within a classroom.  Why you may ask? Let me start however, by introducing myself further, before I answer that question.  For the past three years I have been a substitute teacher ranging across all ages and geographical locations.  Also, I am currently enrolled in the Master's of Education program at Cabrini College with a certification in Special Education.  To accomplish this and earn my Master's, I am required to take an Assisted Technology course.  Even though this course may be required, I am beyond excited to begin this journey and explore the many aspects of AT and how it can influence my teaching and personal development.  

So why am I doing this blog? 


Our first assignment as a class is to develop this blog.  Throughout the next couple of weeks, I will be blogging about UDL.  What is it you may ask? Click the follow button to the left and join me on this journey to figure that exact thing out.  We will be researching different websites, resources and references that deal with UDL, discussing what exactly is it and how assisted technology fits into the larger picture of UDL.  I am extremely passionate in becoming the best teacher and person I can be, so again I am overwhelmed with anticipation to begin this journey with you.  My next post will begin at the basics and the following posts with hopefully expand your knowledge and mine of assisted technologies and UDL.  Finally, there will also be times when I need your help and feedback.  All you have to do is click the comment link at the bottom of each post and provide me with your thoughts, insight and feedback.  There many be questions or maybe just a chance to provide your opinions.  Take this opportunity.   

Remember:
“Not all those who wander are lost.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring 

No comments:

Post a Comment